We've been so busy over the last two months, we don't know if we're coming or going. Between weights, wrestling, scouts, and work.... there's not much time for anything else. We've started to gear up for spring sports: Baseball, softball, and T ball. I think Derrick is coaching T Ball and maybe helping with Taylor's team. I think sports are so important for kids. It teaches them teamwork and sportsmanship. It also encourages exercise. Too many kids just sit all day! We've both been working like crazy, Derrick working 10 hour days and some Saturdays. Me? I'm working 40 hours a week and every other Tuesday night. I get to go to a few conferences in the next couple of months and I'm looking forward to that. One being a Grant Writing conference.... I'm really excited about it! Spring Break is right around the corner and this year we will be staying at home. Derrick is working on plant shut down and I have to work too. We might plan to go away for the night though. Our "vacation" will have to wait till summer!
Other news; Derrick's truck is fianlly paid for! Yeah!!!!! we're beginning to look for a vehicle for me (my lease is up at the end of this month) and things are starting to come around. Soon we'll be starting to save for our new house. I'm looking forward to designing it. I know it'll take a while, but I can be patient. One thing my children have taught me is patience.
We're hoping to start our family nights again. We've slacked off on those and I miss em'. So, we're bringin' em' back!
That's enough of an update. I've got a menu to plan for the week, so until next time.... take care everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. Looks like you are all doing well. Austin is starting soccer this year and I'm kind of not liking the discipline of getting him to all those practices and games over the summer. I thought summer were for breaks. But I hope he enjoys it.
Post a Comment